[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DAUPHIN-L: List?

On Mon, 16 Oct 1995, DAUPHIN Mailing List wrote:

> > Is this mailing list still active?
> >
> > Matt
> >

> Well, it lives.  But it's not active.  I guess everyone is too happy with their
> DTR-1 to want to talk about it!
>
> j.

Hey!  Not everyone is!  I thought the thing was stone-cold, 12 feet
under, beyond hope of revival etc..  I posted one message previously, and
got zip for a reply....(it was a fairly obscure question, admittedly).

Okay then, all you happy Dauphin DTR-1's, let a new DTR-1 owner pose a
few questions you've probably all answered before and are sick to death
of, but this owner would really like to know anyway!

1) Is the 2-meg RAM upgrade requiring some kind of proprietary SIMM (ie.
can I buy it myself from somewhere and bung it in myself?)

2) Is there anyway to upgrade the internal hard-drive?  I was told it was
NOT a 2.5", but some kind of weird PCMCIA type of device.  Is this true?
(I have an old 80meg 2.5" I'd love to stick inside).

3) Do the wireless pens have a habit of self-destructing?  (Mine has)

4) How about upgrading the internal modem? (14.4K would be nice!)  (28.8
would be nicer!)

5) How much will all of this cost? (Probably too much for this newly
unemployed ex-student, but anyway...)

6) Any tips on prolonging battery life beyond on max 1.5 hours I can get
out of it?  Anybody rigged up any external portable power-supplies?  (I
was thinking of stringing together some hi-capacity D size Nicads...)

7) Does anyone really bother to use the handwriting recognition?  Has
there been an upgrade to Windows for Pen 1.0?

That'll do for the moment.  Thanks to all in advance!

BYEEEEE,
Lee &;^)