[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DAUPHIN-L: Dauphin battery

Hi everyone,
	    I recently bought a DTR-1 from a friend. It has a weird
problem. Basically, the internal battery inlet has stopped working. So I
charge up the batteries (by leaving the batteries in the compartment and
leaving the supply plugged in. About ~1.5 hrs later, the light stops
blinking. I think, ok, batteries charged. I remove the external power
connection and switch it on. Nothing happens. Then I take the battery pack
and measure it. It is giving out ~7.6V like it is supposed to
(meaning the charging seems to be working!). Then, using a rough
connector, I plug the pack in externally. The machine powered up fine
(I stopped before it got to the HD because I was afraid that this
configuration may not be correct and something might blow up). I
put them back in the battery compartment and power it on again.
Nothing(BTW, I did check the polarity MANY times!)! What do I do? Is
there some simple component that blows out every so often and is simple
to replace. Has anybody used the Dauphin Tech Support (do they have one,
I heard that they are emerging from Bankruptcy and opening up warehouses
etc) . I am afraid of breaking the seal because of some probability that
this machine MIGHT be under warranty. All help and opinions appreciated!.

TIA,
Ali.

   |   Muhammad Ali M. Bawany  | University of Texas at Austin  |
   |   Title: U.G.R.A.         | Center for Nonlinear Dynamics  |
   |   Off. Phn:(512) 471-3105 | email:mali@chaos.ph.utexas.edu |
   |   Off. Fax:(512) 471-1558 | Res. Phn:(512) 469-9263        |
   |      "....patent pend. for all of my opinions....."        |

Follow-Ups: References: