[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

DAUPHIN-L: service on DTR1 / Syquest drives

I didn't mention in my first post that I ran into this problem while
trying to get a Syquest removable cartridge drive to work.  The port has
seemed fine all along, but I couldn't get the drive to work consistently.

After dozens of conversations with Syquest, somebody finally suggested I
check the terminator on the drive to make sure it was firmly connected.
What terminator?!

So, I bought a terminator.  The first time I booted with it, I got an
error message on my MINI SCSI Plus driver - which I had never gotten
before unless the cable wasn't actually attached.

I have booted with and without the cable, and with and without the driver
enabled - but MSD shows that the parallel port is offline each time.  Is
there something I may have done to cause this problem that I can correct, or
am I better off sending it in for service?

Again, I would appreciate any advice.

Betty

 * Betty Cowin, bcowin@mizar.usc.edu                                *