[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DTR-1 External battery pack experiments

Melvin Zwillenberg (mlzwille@nyx10.cs.du.edu) wrote:

: For those who may have seen some mention of experiments I was doing
: to use an external battery pack with the Dauphin DTR-1, I must report
: that the experiments have turned out unsuccessful.

: A 12V pack consisting of 8-AA Renewal rechargeable alkaline
: cells had a life of about 40 minutes. Thsi would indicate
: that the internal voltage reduction circuitry in the DTR-1 actually
: draws 2.1 amps as indicated on the a.c. adapter.

: The alkaline AA's have a capacity of 1500 mAH and
: (1500/2100)*60 is about 40 minutes.
: Thus, to have a 3 hour life, an external
: battery pack would need a capacity of 6.3 amp-hours (6300 mAH).

I don't get it. But I am interested.  Are you trying to avoid buying the
optional 8 hr battery/cover pack?  I just got a Dauphin DTR-1 and am
interested in what your experiments initially entailed.  Thanks in addvance

Uriel
barryy@netcom.com
--
                               Barry Yarkoni and Uriel Sigala