[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dauphin Memory Doubler

Gerald Schmitt <kc5egg@eule.lanl.gov> writes:

>I remember some time back a discussion of which memory
>doubler worked best with the Dauphin. I cannot however
>remember the conclusion that was reached. Anyone who
>can help? Thanks Jery

Gerald,

My own impressions are:

SoftRAM - appears to work but not as well as they claim
SoftRAM95 - under investigation for fraud etc.  See PC Mag.

MagnaRAM - compresses both the swap file and memory.  Works
     well but there is a speed compromise.
MagnaRAM2 - haven't had the chance to try this one.

Hurricane - does not run properly on the DTR-1.
Hurricane II - haven't had the chance to try this one.

Ram Doubler - does not run properly on the DTR-1. (ver 1.0)

Right now I use none of the above.

Best of luck.
Eric Chang
echang@hsc.usc.edu