[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

OS/2 on a Dauphin DTR-1?

Hello,

I have tried GEOS, DOS, Win 95, and Win 3.1 on my Dauphin.  I liked Win95
but it didn't have any pen support, which sort of defeats the purpose of
a pen-based computer.  I was hot on the trail of drivers from a Microsoft
guy but he was a real loser and flaked out on me, so now I'm interested
in trying OS/2 for pens.  Right now I'm using Win 3.11, and it sucks.

Has anyone tried OS/2 for pens on the Dauphin DTR-1?  What was the speed like
and what was the HDD requirements like?

Or if you don't own one, will OS/2 fit well into the specs of the DTR-1
(below)?  And with Pen extensions?

For those of you who don't know, the Dauphin DTR-1 is...

OEM'd by IBM
Pen based subnotebook
486SLC/25 Cyrix CPU
40MB HDD / 6MB RAM